What a cheesy picture. But I like it. It's a nice reminder that work isn't everything, even though I seem to spend 85% of my life here.
Palm Desert next weekend! Biking all this coming weekend!
B and I picked up my stupid old bike from the Bike Kitchen last Saturday, and managed to wander around the neighborhood all weekend (after picking up his new road bike, of course. Happy Birthday.). I realized how much I suck at cycling, I don't really like the gears on my old bike, and going downhill is just great.
Regardless of realizing that my new bike is really old and kind of stupid, I'm so excited to travel around on it!!!!
Places we plan to visit, via bike:
1. Scoops. Okay, already done once when we went to pick up the stupid bike itself, but I really want to try this on our post-dinner-lets-get-a-pint-for-dessert runs at night. I just need a front headlight. Maybe I'll just ducktape an old flashlight and use that.
2. Larchmont Pizzeria. The best thing is that the whole Hancock Park area is F-L-A-T!
3. My parents' house, and then up to Lake Hollywood.
4. Down Los Feliz Blvd and around the LA River Bike Path. Wooot! Except the Los Feliz Blvd makes me feel a little anxious.
5. Will's house! Only because it's the farthest bike-able distance I can think of. Um...I dunno what I'd do after we get there. Probably fall asleep on his couch while they watch something boring like The Wire. That show = zzzzz. I don't care what you say.
Hopefully we'll be able to bring our bikes to Palm Desert and bike around there on the awesomely flat streets they have there.
Hahaha, notice my excitement over FLAT streets? I'm such a wuss. I can't go uphill. I suck.